Monday, August 18, 2008

help a friend with kidney disease

My pal Brent has put out an appeal to raise money for kidney research, hoping to benefit himself and thousands of others with kidney disease. Won't you pledge a measly $10 (the cost of two pints of Guinness or three cappuccinos) to help?

(message from Brent)

As some of you know.. I have Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) and have
just been put on the transplant list. This starts a 5-7 year wait for
a new kidney. Until then, I can just take care of myself and try to
put off dialysis for as long as possible.

Currently, there is no cure for PKD. There is only treatment in the
form of dialysis and transplant. I don't believe this needs to be the
case. That is why I've signed up for the North East Ohio PKD walk pn
9/21. I want to raise $1,000 for research. I need your help.

So- what can you do? Well.. its easy...
The easiest thing you can do is go to

WALK.PKDCURE.ORG/GOTO/THESMITHS
or
http://walk.pkdcure.org/site/TR?team_id=34930&fr_id=1842&pg=team

and donate. I think it would be really cool to get 100 people to
donate $10 each. Yeah.. that's my goal. 100 people @ $10.


What? You don't think that's enough.. ok.. then how about this...
let 10 other people know about this little project. You see... I
don't know 100 people's email addresses. So, I can't send this to 100
people myself. So, forward this. Cajole and embarrass people until
they donate. You know the drill.. pretend you like me and want me to
stay around a little bit.
(tell ya what, if ya raise the 1000 yourself, I'll never bother you
again, deal?)

Seriously.. any help you can give (financial or networking) is
greatly appreciated.


Thanks.

Brent

No comments :