Friday, April 25, 2008

Beltane = Sunflower Planting Day!


Next Thursday is International Sunflower Guerilla Day! So all your wanna-be guerrilla gardeners, get out there and do some planting. Sunflowers grow very easily, just choose a spot that gets at least six hours of sun a day (that bare patch by the bus stop? The neglected flower bed in front of the elementary school? Those big empty planter pots in the drugstore parking lot?)

Go forth and make the world beautiful! In London, where the Guerrilla Gardening website founder is based, he is giving away free seeds next week.

Sunflowers are beautiful, long-blooming and a great food source for birds!

7 comments :

Dave Coulter said...

What a great idea! :)

Peg said...

I went to a plant swap yesterday and scored two free packets of sunflower seeds, so I will be planting some on Thursday!

Dave Coulter said...

Peg,

That's terrific. You've given me an idea for making up some seed balls, too!

Luna said...

Hi, I went and did this today!

Peg said...

I did not actually plant my seeds today (busy travelling among other things). But I will be sure to do so this weekend!

Dave Coulter said...

Peg, check out my blog today! :)

Peg said...

Most excellent, Dave! Go forth and fill the fields with sunflowers!