Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oh Noes! Satanists!


This story on AOL's news website says 21 year old "Satanists" started fires in churches and scrawled "Satanic" graffiti on walls.

Okay, here is the thing: since when do 21 year old hoodlums who get off on destroying property have any sort of affinity with any kind of religion? Is it possible these morons were just trying to make it look like they were Satan worshippers? Naturally AOL (or as I like to refer to it, "If's it's blond, it leads") likes to sensationalize anything that violates right-wing Christian sensibilities. I want to look for different sources on this story and see how they're treating it.

Coupled with the story on Jason's blog today about a "witchcraft ritual gone wrong" it is gearing up to be a really annoying week in the news...

Looks like I have some interesting media vibes helping set the stage for my courses I am teaching in Cinema and the Occult and Supernatural Television this coming semester...

No comments :