Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New York State's First Farm Cidery opens in Albany!!

Most excellent news! All Over Albany announces the grand opening of the first farm cidery in New York state, Nine Pin Cider Works! This Friday at 3 pm is the ribbon cutting ceremony and you betcha I will be there!
Following Governor Cuomo's legislation passed last fall, to allow farm cidery licensing in New York state (thereby increasing opportunities for orchardists and brewers to make use of one of New York's best farm products), this cidery is now the first official business venture to light the way.
Did I mention I live in Albany? :-) So I am over the moon. And I look forward to supporting this innovative local business. My fantasy is to open a cider tavern that serves nothing but New York state hard ciders...
Check out their Facebook page and wish them well!

No comments :