Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bay Area Orchard fans...


There is a workshop coming up for people interested in growing fruit trees in the city. Put on by Garden for the Environment, "I Heart Fruit Trees" is scheduled for Valentine's Day and promises to offer tips on growing apple, pear and plum trees. And it's only ten bucks! This organization sounds wonderful. They have other great workshops on offer, including making herbal medicines for winter. Let us know if you intend to go! (thanks to www.gardenrant.org for the story, and the lovely pear tree image originally appeared on the Greenwalks blog.)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for linking to my blog. I'm curious - did you find my photo there, or on my Flickr page? I haven't set up a Creative Commons deal yet, but I guess I should do that. If you look on my blog, I have some info about apple tree pest defense, i.e. footies. My favorite apples are Gala and Gravenstein!

Peg said...

Hi--thanks for writing. I think there was both a Flickr page link and your blog linked to the photo. if you want to send me the Flickr page link then people can find that, too.
I love Gravensteins and Galas, too!